Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Welcome Michael Adam Solis










He has arrived! Our beautiful baby boy made his long-anticipated entrance to the world at 2:30 PM on Wednesday August 13, 2008. He weighed in at a tiny 5 lbs 6 oz and measured just 18.5 inches....much to his not-so-petite parents' surprise! :) We couldn't be more excited to finally hold Michael Adam in our arms and to finally be "mommy and daddy."













It all happened VERY quickly. A sudden rise in my blood pressure and a sonogram that showed too little amniotic fluid prompted the doctor to send me to hospital Wednesday morning where they began inducing labor. However, when they gave me the initial "test" run of pitocin, even the lightest contractions sent the baby's heart rate plummeting
(and, of course, with all the monitors I was hooked up to, I could hear the rise and fall every time, each drop followed by the doctor and nurses suddenly bursting in my room...quite nerveracking to say the least). The doctor decided that inducing labor would be too stressful on the baby and quickly sent me to the operating room for a c-section. So after being in the hospital a mere two and a half hours, Michael Adam was delivered safe and sound and all wrapped up in the umbilical cord....so the decision to perform a c-section was most definitely the best one in this situation. We thank a kind and loving Heavenly Father for guiding the doctors and everyone involved to ensure that Michael's arrival was safe and complication-free.
He's happy, healthy, and gaining weight like crazy--at his 5 day pediatrician visit he'd already gained 4 oz beyond his birth weight!














Now I'm at home recuperating and thoroughly enjoying a complete break from work to be with little Michael. Sergio and I couldn't be happier and know we have been blessed beyond measure to have this little guy join the Solis family.

23 comments:

Christy said...

Congrats!!!! He is adorable!

Briana @ Sweet Dreams are Made of These said...

Congratulation Bethany! It is amazing that they come so small. Owen was 5lb 15oz and I remember just how tiny he was. Just cherish every stage!
Love, Briana

Ben said...

Hey there nephew! Glad that you're safe and sound. We hope that we can see you soon!

runningfan said...

Congrats! What a cute. Glad all is well.

Heidi Bartle

Jacki said...

Congratulations! I'm glad I have the link to your blog so I can check in on you now. He's adorable...more pictures please!

Ritch in Love said...

He is beautiful you guys! I so happy he is doing well! Get ready for a lifetime of thrills and adventures! Congrats!

Grandma Chris said...

It is wonderful to know that our cutest little grandson has arrived on this earth. Welcome little Michael from your Grandma and Grandad

said...

Congratulations Solis family! Welcome little Michael :) We are all very excited to have you as part of our fabulous family!! Love you all!

Unknown said...

COngrats bethany there is no greater feeling than being a new mother. He is precious, enjoy ever minute, they really do grow fast.

Robert said...

Many Congratulations to the Solis Family (Bethany, Sergio & Michael). I think the pictures are great and I am looking forward to being with all of you in late September for the blessing of Michael Adam. Parenthood is a blessing and an adventure and I am excited to be part of your new family and the miracles of life, birth and family. Keep the pictures coming. Love, Hugs, Kisses & Best Wishes - Granddad Dolman

Unknown said...

Congrats Bethany!!! That's wonderful! He is so adorable and so lucky to have such a wonderful mother!

Unknown said...

Well Congrats on the baby guys. I am very hapy for you. I am absolutely positive you will be great parents. If I can pull it off, anyone can.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so excited to see this news! Wahoo!!!

Pam said...

He's precious! I am so happy for the two of you. Can't wait to meet little Michael!

Xochi said...

Yea! We are so happy for your little family! Heavens Blessings for you & your bouncing baby boy!-The Minchey's

dedrielle said...

Michael is beautiful! Little boys are the best and so much fun, too. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
Love,
Amy Gibson Byrd

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! Congratulations! I can think of no one that would be a better Mother than you! I'm so excited for you! We need to talk soon!
Candice

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What an exciting journey you're beginning. I hope you enjoy every moment!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Glad to read, "taking a complete break from work."

Melissa C. said...

Congrats! He's so sweet! It almost makes me want another baby. OK, not really... but it makes me nostalgic for when each of my kids were newborns!

sasmaksam said...

Way to go Bethany and Sergio ----- you have a beautiful little son! Michael, welcome to our extended family. We are so happy for you and we very much appreciate the terrific pictures. Life's journey is filled with many different experiences ----- but, being a Mom and Dad is perhaps the greatest experience of all. So, ENJOY!!

Much Love, Uncle Sam and Aunt Susan

The D. Mower Family said...

Bethany!!!!!!!!!! How awesome!!! I am so happy for you! You guys look so happy, you're just beaming! I'm so proud of you girl! You guys did great. He is such a good mix of the two of you. Way to go guys! Would love to talk to ya on the phone when you get a chance. Email me your number. I'll email you mine! Talk to you later. Y estas bellisimia!

Heidi said...

Wowsers Beth - how can you have a little 5 pounder and mine keep coming out as 8's!?!?! It's so not fair. Congrats! He is such a cute little guy!