Tuesday, June 30, 2009

5K Here I Come

I decided yesterday that it was time to "ponerme las pilas" (literally: put the batteries in me; in other words: get fired up, get energized, recommit, etc) and really get active again. So...I created a VERY transitional 10 week plan that should take me from my current all-but-completely-sedentary state to running a 5K--something I did periodically in college but something I haven't done in at least 2 years. For the most part I've really done a better job with my eating since spring break, but you can only go so far with food while still sitting on the couch. Less computer, more exercise!

I was showing my plan to Sergio and told him I wanted to sign up for an August 29th run here in Mission, and he said he wanted to do it too, which only makes me that much more excited! We've got a lot to do before August 29th!

3 comments:

runningfan said...

I've been talking about a 5K in September...maybe this is the push I need to find one!

Christy said...

Good luck!!!!

The Thomases said...

Oh that does sound inspirational! I've always wanted to run a 5k, but not in the August heat. You are brave!!